Nodcredit is a finance company providing innovative consumer
focused lending and wealth management services.
our affiliates collect, secure, use, and disclose your personal
applies to personal information we collect from you and from
third parties, both online and offline. If you are a current
Nodcredit customer, you can also use our Privacy Notice as a
guide to the ways we use your personal information, as well to
understand your choices to limit our use and sharing of your
Your use of Nodcredit websites, or otherwise providing us with
personal information, you agree to the terms and conditions of
take precedent over any provision conflicting with our privacy
Limited and its affiliates now or in the future.
as of the date indicated above. We will notify you of material
“us”) as data controllers. It explains in detail the types of information we collect about you and how
we use this information. Please read it carefully.
appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we handle your information.
2. The information we may collect
2.1. Information you provide us
- Personal details, e.g. your name, date of birth, gender
- Contact details, e.g. your address, email, mobile number
- Information about your identity, e.g. your nationality, passport information, any Government
approved Identity Card
- Your bank details (bank name, account name & number).
2.2. Information we collect about you
- Transactional information, e.g. details about your accounts, including payments made to and
from these accounts;
- Communication records, e.g. details recorded during our written and verbal communications
- Your preferences, such as consents for marketing and other communications;
- Publicly available information on search engines
- Usage data, including information about how you use our products and services;
- Investigations data. This may include; anti-money laundering and Combating Financing of
Terrorism checks, Enhanced Due Diligence, Fraud or Convicted Criminal database, Politically
Exposed Persons, external intelligence reports, and other due diligence checks;
- Information required to satisfy our regulatory obligations, e.g. information about
transactions, detection of any suspicious and unusual activity, and information about parties
connected to you or these activities;
- Risk rating information, e.g. Suspicious Transaction patterns
- Information gathered when you visit our websites. This might include; the Internet Protocol
(IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser
type and version, time zone setting, browsing plug-in types and versions, operating system
and platform, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), and how you navigate our websites. We use
this information for technical monitoring and optimising our websites. For more information,
3. How we collect your information
We collect your personal information when you use the services offered on our platform, for example
by filling in forms on our websites, by corresponding with us by telephone or email, or when you
provide us copies of the documents required for us to confirm your identity. We may also collect your
information when you interact with our website.
3.1. Information from other sources
We may receive your information from third party platforms or web applications, this can be when
you enquire about us via search engines, such as:
- Our partner companies
- Our clients
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Identity verification agencies;
- Publicly available online sources, such as company websites, social networks and company
3.2. Information you provide about other people
If you provide us with personal information about another person, we ask that you inform them of
our identity and the purposes for which their information will be processed.
If you ask us to make a payment to another individual, you will need to provide us with their bank
account and contact details. We use their contact information to notify the individual that they will be
receiving a payment from us, on your behalf. We will never use the information you provide about
another individual for marketing purposes.
a better browsing experience and allows us to improve our websites. For detailed information on the
4. How we use your information
We will only use your information under the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you
Some of the information we process is required for us to provide you with our products and
services. For example, we require your beneficiary banking details in order to settle payments
- Where we are under a legal obligation
In certain cases, we are required by law to collect and process your information. For example,
to fulfil our financial reporting obligations, we must store all records of communications you
make with us that relate to transactions. We are also required to retain personal information
to facilitate investigations detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other
- Where we have obtained your consent
In specific situations, we will collect and process your information with your consent, e.g.
when you tick a box to receive marketing material from us or ask us to contact you about our
products and services.
- We will always make it clear to you what you are consenting to and what information is
necessary for our services. If you have given consent to the use of your personal information,
you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time. Please be aware, however, that in some
circumstances, the withdrawal of your consent may result in us being unable to provide some
services to you.
- Where we have a legitimate interest
Sometimes, we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate business or
commercial interests in a way you might reasonably expect. We will not rely on our own
legitimate interests without first considering your own rights, freedoms or interests, which we
hold in the highest regard.
Some of our legitimate interests include:
- Carrying out marketing activities;
- Communicating with you about our products and services;
- Improving our products, services, and relationships with you and our partners;
- Create a smoother customer service experience;
- Monitor complaints handling;
- Improve our websites to ensure that content is well presented for you;
5. How we share your information
We only share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with
a legal obligation;
- In order to conduct necessary background checks on you before offering our products and
- Where we have been asked for information to facilitate an investigation;
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Nodens Nigeria Limited, our customers, or others;
- Where we have a legitimate business interest that is not overridden by your own rights and
- Where we have obtained your consent.
Entities that we may share your information with include:
- Our partners
- Our clients
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Identity verification agencies
- Regulatory bodies.
6. International Transfers and Security
We may be required to transfer your information to other countries e.g. if we are obliged to report to
7. How long we store your information
Personal information is retained according to our retention schedule. We only retain your information
for a period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally processed, or in order to fulfil a
Correcting information maintained by the credit bureaus
Information related to your creditworthiness is maintained by
the credit bureaus. If you find that there is an error or you
want to dispute the information found in your credit report,
please contact the credit reporting bureaus.