Effective Date: December 23, 2020.
Nodcredit is a finance company providing innovative consumer focused lending and wealth management services.
2. The information we may collect
2.1. Information you provide us
- Personal details, e.g. your name, date of birth, gender
- Contact details, e.g. your address, email, mobile number
- Information about your identity, e.g. your nationality, passport information, any Government approved Identity Card
- Your bank details (bank name, account name & number).
2.2. Information we collect about you
- Transactional information, e.g. details about your accounts, including payments made to and from these accounts;
- Communication records, e.g. details recorded during our written and verbal communications with you;
- Your preferences, such as consents for marketing and other communications;
- Publicly available information on search engines
- Usage data, including information about how you use our products and services;
- Investigations data. This may include; anti-money laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism checks, Enhanced Due Diligence, Fraud or Convicted Criminal database, Politically Exposed Persons, external intelligence reports, and other due diligence checks;
- Information required to satisfy our regulatory obligations, e.g. information about transactions, detection of any suspicious and unusual activity, and information about parties connected to you or these activities;
- Risk rating information, e.g. Suspicious Transaction patterns
3. How we collect your information
We collect your personal information when you use the services offered on our platform, for example by filling in forms on our websites, by corresponding with us by telephone or email, or when you provide us copies of the documents required for us to confirm your identity. We may also collect your information when you interact with our website.
3.1. Information from other sources
We may receive your information from third party platforms or web applications, this can be when you enquire about us via search engines, such as:
- Our partner companies
- Our clients
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Identity verification agencies;
- Publicly available online sources, such as company websites, social networks and company registries.
3.2. Information you provide about other people
If you provide us with personal information about another person, we ask that you inform them of our identity and the purposes for which their information will be processed.
If you ask us to make a payment to another individual, you will need to provide us with their bank account and contact details. We use their contact information to notify the individual that they will be receiving a payment from us, on your behalf. We will never use the information you provide about another individual for marketing purposes.
4. How we use your informationWe will only use your information under the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you Some of the information we process is required for us to provide you with our products and services. For example, we require your beneficiary banking details in order to settle payments on transfers.
- Where we are under a legal obligation In certain cases, we are required by law to collect and process your information. For example, to fulfil our financial reporting obligations, we must store all records of communications you make with us that relate to transactions. We are also required to retain personal information to facilitate investigations detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other financial crimes.
- Where we have obtained your consent In specific situations, we will collect and process your information with your consent, e.g. when you tick a box to receive marketing material from us or ask us to contact you about our products and services.
- We will always make it clear to you what you are consenting to and what information is necessary for our services. If you have given consent to the use of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time. Please be aware, however, that in some circumstances, the withdrawal of your consent may result in us being unable to provide some services to you.
- Where we have a legitimate interest Sometimes, we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate business or commercial interests in a way you might reasonably expect. We will not rely on our own legitimate interests without first considering your own rights, freedoms or interests, which we hold in the highest regard.
Some of our legitimate interests include:
- Carrying out marketing activities;
- Communicating with you about our products and services;
- Improving our products, services, and relationships with you and our partners;
- Create a smoother customer service experience;
- Monitor complaints handling;
- Improve our websites to ensure that content is well presented for you;
5. How we share your information
We only share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- In order to conduct necessary background checks on you before offering our products and services;
- Where we have been asked for information to facilitate an investigation;
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Nodens Nigeria Limited, our customers, or others;
- Where we have a legitimate business interest that is not overridden by your own rights and freedoms;
- Where we have obtained your consent.
Entities that we may share your information with include:
- Our partners
- Our clients
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Identity verification agencies
- Regulatory bodies.
6. International Transfers and SecurityWe may be required to transfer your information to other countries e.g. if we are obliged to report to foreign authorities.
7. How long we store your information
Personal information is retained according to our retention schedule. We only retain your information for a period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally processed, or in order to fulfil a legal obligation.
Correcting information maintained by the credit bureaus
Information related to your creditworthiness is maintained by the credit bureaus. If you find that there is an error or you want to dispute the information found in your credit report, please contact the credit reporting bureaus.